If you crave sourdough bread from San Francisco, our San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture is the perfect sourdough starter for you!
- Each box contains 1 packet of dehydrated San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture.
- Store in cool, dry place until ready to activate.
- Activate using white flour and unchlorinated, unfluoridated water (bottled spring water).
- Cultures at room temperature, 70º-85ºF.
- Once activated, feed your starter using 1 part starter, 1 part water, and 2 parts flour daily for frequent use or weekly, if baking infrequently.
- Instructions for using this sourdough starter are included and can be found here.
- Having trouble activating your sourdough starter? Browse our Sourdough Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Use our San Francisco Sourdough Starter to make sourdough bread, chocolate chip sourdough cookies, and a wide variety of other sourdough baked goods.
San Francisco Sourdough Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting
- Dried sourdough starter cultures can be ready to create baked goods within 3-5 days.
- Sourdough starters culture at room temperature, 70-85ºF.