Our Traditional Yogurt Starter is a pleasantly tangy direct-set yogurt starter that is easy to use. Make yogurt when you need to and freeze the remaining packets for later. With no starter to maintain this culture a great choice for beginners.
- Each box contains 4 packets of starter culture.
- Use 1 packet with 1-2 quarts milk. (For larger batches, use 2 packets with 1-4 gallons milk.)
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- Suitable for use with pasteurized whole milk and with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture - each packet makes one batch of yogurt.
- Instructions for using this culture are included.
- Yogurt is amazingly versatile, and may be used in many recipes from smoothies to baked goods.
Traditional Yogurt Starter Culture Ingredients
- Lactose, Live active cultures (Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Traditional Yogurt Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
- May contain trace amounts of gluten: Barley source is used as a fermentation nutrient.